The final book form of my study of "Parking Policy in Asian Cities" is now available for purchase or free download via the website of the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
I hope this will help participants in parking policy debates around the region think more clearly about key parking policy choices.
Most Asian cities are facing an acute parking crisis as a result of rapid urbanization and motorization, and high urban densities. Parking policy is an important component of a holistic approach to sustainable urban transport across the region. The report provides an international comparative perspective on parking policy in Asian cities, while highlighting the nature of the policy choices available. It is a step in building a knowledge base to address the knowledge gap on parking and the lack of adequate guidance for parking policy in Asia.
- Executive Summary
- Approaches to Parking Supply Policy
- Minimum Parking Requirements and Parking Built with Buildings
- Parking Policy in Streets and Lanes
- Government Resources Devoted to Off-Street Parking Supply
- Policy toward Public Parking as a Business
- Parking as a Mobility Management Tool
- Car Parking Outcomes in Asian Cities
- Motorcycle Parking
- Parking Policy Trajectories?
- Policy Lessons and Conclusions
Many thanks again to everyone who helped along the way!